Fellow Rappers Deny Reports Lil Wayne Is in Coma
TMZ's report of Lil Wayne "being prepared for his last rites" has been denied. Members of the multiplatinum rapper's label shoot down the report, claiming that Weezy is getting better.
Mack Maine, the president of Young Money label, spoke out first about the false reports. "Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game...," he tweeted on early Saturday, March 16. "We will be releasing an official statement shortly but dont believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe...that's false!!"
Karen Civil, the Online Marketing Coordinator of the label, also took to the micro-blogging site to support Maine's statement. She wrote, "Wayne isn't in a coma..." Similarly, Birdman announced his friend's current condition to refute the false claims, tweeting, "My son is in good spirit..feelin much betta...be home soon.YMCMB."
Weezy's publicist has confirmed to CNN that he did suffer another seizure, but clarified that he was not put into a medically induced coma and that he's doing well since the incident.
As reported before, Lil Wayne had multiple seizures after shooting a music video in Los Angeles, prompting him to get rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for a treatment on Tuesday night, March 12. The "Look at Me Now" rapper was then reported being put into a medically induced coma. It was also said that his stomach was pumped multiple times due to a large quantity of codeine found in his system.
Weezy's mother is currently flying to Los Angeles and it is said that all major decisions concerning her son's health (including the decision to discontinue life support) will not be made until she arrives.
A message recently posted on Weezy's official Twitter read, "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love." However, TMZ insisted that the rapper was still in critical condition in the ICU, but stabilizing.
More Lil Wayne News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly