Matt Lauer, Anderson Cooper and Brian Williams Are Candidates to Host 'Jeopardy!'
Alex Trebrek's "Jeopardy!" contract will only expire in 2016, but Sony Pictures TV has begun a search to find his replacement. Reports say Matt Lauer, Anderson Cooper, Brian Williams and Dan Patrick are in the mix of possible new hosts.
According to Deadline, all four of them have had talks with Sony TV, though the studio is not actively pursuing anyone at the moment. Sony will only have serious discussions with the potential hosts when Trebrek gives an indication that he will step down from the position.
Meanwhile, sources tell New York Post that "Today" host Lauer is on the top of the list. CNN's journalist Cooper reportedly "likes the idea" of him hosting the game show, but The Wrap's source says the "Anderson Cooper 360" anchor has not been approached for the said gig.
A representative for "Jeopardy!", which has been hosted by Trebek since it began airing as a daily syndicated series in 1984, declined to comment on the reports.
Trebek, who has suffered two heart attacks, said in 2012 that he considered retiring. However, he was persuaded to stay on the veteran game show until at least 2016.
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash