'American Idol': Curtis Finch Jr. Is the First Eliminated From Top 10
"American Idol" returned Thursday night, March 14 with the results of the Top 10 performances. Perhaps borrowing a format from "The X Factor (US)", the veteran singing competition now announces the top 3 and the rankings for fourth through eighth place.
Candice Glover, Kree Harrison and Angie Miller, in no particular order, were the top three vote getters. In the fourth place, there was Lazaro Arbos, followed by Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur, Burnell Taylor and Paul Jolley in order.
Devin Velez and Curtis Finch Jr. were in the bottom two, prompting Nicki Minaj to threaten to leave if Curtis was voted off. It was later revealed that Devin survived, and Curtis sang "I Believe I Can Fly" as his survival song.
The judges then discussed whether or not they would use their one "save," and Nicki complained to Ryan Seacrest, "I think we really needed an extra minute to discuss it." Eventually, the judges decided not to save him.
Also on the results show, Aubrey Cleland and Charlie Askew, the closest runners-up to the Top 10, performed for a spot on "Idol" summer tour. The former sang "Out Here on My Own", while the latter belted out original song "Sky Blue Diamond". The winner will be announced on next week's performance show.
The Thursday episode also saw Bon Jovi rocking the stage with their new single "Because We Can", and "Idol" season 11 winner Phillip Phillips returning to perform his new single "Gone, Gone, Gone".
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof