Video: Ed Sheeran Falls on Stage When Opening for Taylor Swift in Omaha
Ed Sheeran had an embarrassing moment during his first night opening for Taylor Swift on her "Red" tour. The British singer/songwriter took a tumble and rolled on the stage midway through his performance Wednesday night, March 13 in Omaha.
Sheeran was leading thousands of concertgoers flocking to the CenturyLink Center Omaha to sing with him while jumping from one speaker to another. The incident happened as the "A Team" hitmaker lost his footing after misjudging the space between two speakers.
In addition to singing solo, the Grammy nominee collaborated with Swift performing "Everything Has Changed" which they recorded for her latest studio album. They're back on stage the next day for a second show in Omaha before moving to St. Louis.
They will stay on the road until September and close out the North American trek at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville.
In related news, Sheeran addressed rumors he hooked up with Swift after he was spotted staying in her hotel room and didn't leave until the next morning. "I did stay there 'til four and I did leave in the same clothes, but I was playing her my new record. It was strictly that kind of thing," he told TVNZ. "Literally, I went in there and we passed the guitar back and forth and played songs to each other."
"The thing that impressed me with the media is that because they wrote about it, my mates believed it. And my mates are texting me being like, 'Is it true?' " he went on. "So I said it wasn't but the fact that people can believe it makes me feel like a bit of a stud, you know?"
The redhead continued, "I've got to be honest because one of my best friends [Styles, 18] did date her. I'm not that kind of guy. But the fact that people believed it impressed me a little bit."
More Ed Sheeran News
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene