'Moonshiners' Star Tickle Arrested for Public Intoxication in Virginia
Steven Ray Tickle, better known as Tickle on Discovery Channel's "Moonshiners", was arrested for public intoxication on last Thursday, March 7. On March 11, police in Denville announced that they had arrested the reality star after receiving a report of him getting drunk in public from an unidentified witness.
Tickle was spotted swilling alcohol in the parking lot of Charley's Stop and Shop alone. "At approximately 2:41 P.M. last Thursday a citizen approached a Danville Police Officer and reported that a man was drinking in public while sitting in a convenience store parking lot," a police officer told the Raleigh Telegram.
When officers showed up at the Virginia convenience store, they found the 35-year-old star sitting alone in a vehicle and drinking from an open container that left a "strong odor" of alcohol. Noticing signs Tickle was intoxicated, officers directly took him to Danville City Jail as he was unable to have someone to pick him up. Tickle was charged with misdemeanor and released a few hours later. It was not clear whether he had an attorney or not. A rep for Discovery Channel did not comment on the issue yet.
"Moonshiners" is a docudrama series on Discovery Channel that depicts the life of moonshiners in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina. Tickle, who teamed up with moonshiner Tim Smith in the first season of the show, is described as "a hard working still hand who loves moonshine and cooking."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris