'Moonshiners' Star Tickle Arrested for Public Intoxication in Virginia
Steven Ray Tickle, better known as Tickle on Discovery Channel's "Moonshiners", was arrested for public intoxication on last Thursday, March 7. On March 11, police in Denville announced that they had arrested the reality star after receiving a report of him getting drunk in public from an unidentified witness.
Tickle was spotted swilling alcohol in the parking lot of Charley's Stop and Shop alone. "At approximately 2:41 P.M. last Thursday a citizen approached a Danville Police Officer and reported that a man was drinking in public while sitting in a convenience store parking lot," a police officer told the Raleigh Telegram.
When officers showed up at the Virginia convenience store, they found the 35-year-old star sitting alone in a vehicle and drinking from an open container that left a "strong odor" of alcohol. Noticing signs Tickle was intoxicated, officers directly took him to Danville City Jail as he was unable to have someone to pick him up. Tickle was charged with misdemeanor and released a few hours later. It was not clear whether he had an attorney or not. A rep for Discovery Channel did not comment on the issue yet.
"Moonshiners" is a docudrama series on Discovery Channel that depicts the life of moonshiners in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina. Tickle, who teamed up with moonshiner Tim Smith in the first season of the show, is described as "a hard working still hand who loves moonshine and cooking."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son