Cate Blanchett to Star in HBO's 'Cancer Vixen'
Cate Blanchett is set to develop a feature film, based on The New Yorker cartoonist Marisa Acocella Marchetto's "Cancer Vixen: A True Story", for HBO. The 43-year-old actress is set to star as the protagonist and to executive produce the project alongside Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray.
Styler and Rattray, who established Maven Pictures together in 2011, are meeting with writers to adapt the material. If the project moves forward, it will be listed as another high-profile film for HBO, which has produced awards-season favorites, such as "Game Change", "Too Big to Fail", "Cinema Verite", "The Pacific" and "Temple Grandin".
The best-selling memoir tells the true story of Marisa Acocella Marchetto, "a shoe-crazy, lipstick-obsessed, wine-swilling, pasta-slurping, fashion-fanatic, about-to-get-married big-city girl cartoonist with a fabulous life" who discovers she has breast cancer and spends 11 months to battle against it while reevaluating her glamorous Manhattan life, her work, and her upcoming marriage with Silvano. Released in September 2006, the book has garnered positive reviews. The memoir was voted as Slate.com's medical book of the year and one of Time.com's top ten graphic novels of the year in 2006.
The project has reportedly been put on the fast track following Blanchett's involvement. The award-winning actress is currently working on her latest film project, "The Monuments Men", under the direction of George Clooney.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!