Video Premiere: Trey Songz's 'Fumble'
After giving a teaser last week, singer-songwriter and record producer Trey Songz finally releases his new music video for "Fumble". The tender ballad is a cut off his latest album "Chapter V" released last summer.
The black-and-white visuals provide a melancholic backdrop to the 28-year-old singer's emotional rendition. The clip starts with Songz giving a heartfelt apology to his woman, owing up to his mistakes for their failed relationship, in a monologue that seems to read out of a love letter. It then pans out to a montage of his tours, where he is seen performing the song.
Songz's latest track is a perfect apology anthem, with lyrics as "I'm sorry that I messed up girl / I really love you, really really love you / Now that I know I love you / I'll never love another girl / And it's not your fault." His soulful vocals on the hook, "Should've let go of my past for you / You did everything I asked of you / Drive across the country if I asked you to / But I'm just bad for you / I fumbled your heart," is all the more made sentimental with the monochromatic treatment.
"It's basically a song about having the one person that'll do whatever for you, the one person that'll go to the end of the world and back, and you not realizing it until it's damn near too late," Songz explained. "It's essentially about having someone's heart in your hands and dropping it."
Trey Songz's "Fumble" music video
More Trey Songz News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo