James McAvoy Confirms Alan Cumming Will Return to 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
James McAvoy has confirmed Alan Cumming's involvement in "X-Men: Days of Future Past". In an interview with Heat Radio, McAvoy let it slip that Cumming was going to reprise his role as Nightcrawler in the "X-Men: First Class" sequel.
"It's huge. The cast is huge. You've got me, [Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender] Nick Hoult will be back and he's just blossoming massively over there [in the U.S.] as well," McAvoy said. "Sir Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Alan Cumming, Peter Dinklage I hear mentioned - I don't know if that's happening -'Huge' Jackman [Hugh Jackman] is coming by, he's massive, 7'5" and muscly..."
If Cumming really signs on, he will be the latest actor attached to the film after Halle Berry was confirmed to return as Storm, and "The Intouchables" star Omar Sy was added to the cast to play an unknown character. The film to be directed by Bryan Singer has all the original cast members reprising their respective roles, including McAvoy who will reprise his role as Professor Charles Xavier. The film will start its production this spring for a 18 July, 2014 release in U.S. theaters.
Simon Kinberg pens the script of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" based on the 1981 comic book, "Days of Future Past", by Chris Claremont and John Byrne. The story follows an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift