Emma Watson No Longer Attached to Play Cinderella
Emma Watson won't be playing Cinderella in Disney's new take on the classic fairytale after all, Variety reports. While the Hermione Granger of "Harry Potter" movie franchise is no longer attached to star in the upcoming live-action movie, Cate Blanchett is still on board to portray the evil stepmother.
Gabriella Wilde ("The Three Musketeers") and Alicia Vikander ("Anna Karenina"), along with Saoirse Ronan, Cate's on-screen foe in "Hanna", were once linked to play the Disney princess, but scheduling conflicts and other considerations prevented them from signing the deal.
The Mouse House hopes to begin production sometime this fall and release the film in 2014. Kenneth Branagh takes over the directing seat from Mark Romanek.
Although Watson exits the Cinderella movie, there's still hope to see her playing a fairytale character in another fantasy movie as she's set to bring the famous Belle to life in Guillermo del Toro's reimagining of "Beauty and the Beast" at Warner Bros.
A rival project to bring Beauty and her Beast to life is developed by Disney, hot on heels of the studio's massive success with "Oz: The Great and Powerful". Joe Ahearne, who penned Danny Boyle-directed thriller "Trance", is in talks to write the script.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son