Emma Watson No Longer Attached to Play Cinderella
Emma Watson won't be playing Cinderella in Disney's new take on the classic fairytale after all, Variety reports. While the Hermione Granger of "Harry Potter" movie franchise is no longer attached to star in the upcoming live-action movie, Cate Blanchett is still on board to portray the evil stepmother.
Gabriella Wilde ("The Three Musketeers") and Alicia Vikander ("Anna Karenina"), along with Saoirse Ronan, Cate's on-screen foe in "Hanna", were once linked to play the Disney princess, but scheduling conflicts and other considerations prevented them from signing the deal.
The Mouse House hopes to begin production sometime this fall and release the film in 2014. Kenneth Branagh takes over the directing seat from Mark Romanek.
Although Watson exits the Cinderella movie, there's still hope to see her playing a fairytale character in another fantasy movie as she's set to bring the famous Belle to life in Guillermo del Toro's reimagining of "Beauty and the Beast" at Warner Bros.
A rival project to bring Beauty and her Beast to life is developed by Disney, hot on heels of the studio's massive success with "Oz: The Great and Powerful". Joe Ahearne, who penned Danny Boyle-directed thriller "Trance", is in talks to write the script.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked