Lady GaGa Recovering From Hip Injury on 24-Karat Gold Plated Wheelchair
A picture of Lady GaGa sitting on gold plated wheelchair surfaced recently. The superstar is seen wearing a white coat and black-and-white shoes, sitting on her 24-karat gold plated wheelchair. The chair comes with leather seat and removable leather canopy. In addition, the chair has padded arm and leg rest. The handles, brake and wheels are covered in gold.
The wheelchair was made by Ken Borochov who previously designed wearable cage, a crown and the Claw for her. Borochov revealed in a statement, "I found out about her injury and then I thought, 'God, I want to make her an encrusted walking stick.' And the next day, I got a call from her stylist [Brandon Maxwell] and he asked me, 'Do you want to make her a wheelchair?' And I was like, 'yes.' I kind of feel like it fits into the universe that I'm trying to make."
Borochov added, "I certainly wasn't expecting that phone call and have never done a wheelchair but am always up for a challenge and was thrilled to create what I affectionately dubbed the Chariot, a chair fit only for a queen."
The designer told the Cut that he had one week to make an "exquisite, one-of-kind" wheelchair for the superstar. "At the same time, [it has] a rock and roll, street feel to it, which is why I did the spokes - the wheels - like that because I really wanted a cool, Snoop Dogg quality," said Borochov.
The "Bad Romance" singer revealed in mid-February that she was suffering from synovitis, an inflammation of the joints which caused swelling, great pain and limited mobility. The injury forced her to cancel the remaining dates of her Born This Way Ball tour. She underwent surgery on Wednesday, February 20.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip