Lady GaGa Recovering From Hip Injury on 24-Karat Gold Plated Wheelchair
A picture of Lady GaGa sitting on gold plated wheelchair surfaced recently. The superstar is seen wearing a white coat and black-and-white shoes, sitting on her 24-karat gold plated wheelchair. The chair comes with leather seat and removable leather canopy. In addition, the chair has padded arm and leg rest. The handles, brake and wheels are covered in gold.
The wheelchair was made by Ken Borochov who previously designed wearable cage, a crown and the Claw for her. Borochov revealed in a statement, "I found out about her injury and then I thought, 'God, I want to make her an encrusted walking stick.' And the next day, I got a call from her stylist [Brandon Maxwell] and he asked me, 'Do you want to make her a wheelchair?' And I was like, 'yes.' I kind of feel like it fits into the universe that I'm trying to make."
Borochov added, "I certainly wasn't expecting that phone call and have never done a wheelchair but am always up for a challenge and was thrilled to create what I affectionately dubbed the Chariot, a chair fit only for a queen."
The designer told the Cut that he had one week to make an "exquisite, one-of-kind" wheelchair for the superstar. "At the same time, [it has] a rock and roll, street feel to it, which is why I did the spokes - the wheels - like that because I really wanted a cool, Snoop Dogg quality," said Borochov.
The "Bad Romance" singer revealed in mid-February that she was suffering from synovitis, an inflammation of the joints which caused swelling, great pain and limited mobility. The injury forced her to cancel the remaining dates of her Born This Way Ball tour. She underwent surgery on Wednesday, February 20.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation