J.R. Ewing Funeral Boosts 'Dallas' Ratings
Around 3.6 million people were tunning in to TNT on Monday night, March 11 to bid farewell to Larry Hagman's J.R. Ewing on "Dallas". The emotional episode featured a funeral for the villainous character, following the actor's death in November 2012.
The total audience soared 28% from last week's episode. In the target demos, the said outing lured 1.4 million adults 25-54 (up 26%) and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (up 23%).
Though it's a far cry from 6.9 million total viewers who watched the series premiere last summer, it's a nice jump from the average 2.6 million viewers who have been watching the second season since it debuted January 28.
Titled "J.R.'s Masterpiece", the latest episode paid tribute to J.R. Ewing and the character depicter, Hagman, who died at 81 after losing his battle against cancer. Steve Kanaly, Cathy Podewell, Deborah Shelton, Charlene Tilton, Ted Shackelford and Ken Kercheval returned in the episode.
More Dallas News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show