J.R. Ewing Funeral Boosts 'Dallas' Ratings
Around 3.6 million people were tunning in to TNT on Monday night, March 11 to bid farewell to Larry Hagman's J.R. Ewing on "Dallas". The emotional episode featured a funeral for the villainous character, following the actor's death in November 2012.
The total audience soared 28% from last week's episode. In the target demos, the said outing lured 1.4 million adults 25-54 (up 26%) and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (up 23%).
Though it's a far cry from 6.9 million total viewers who watched the series premiere last summer, it's a nice jump from the average 2.6 million viewers who have been watching the second season since it debuted January 28.
Titled "J.R.'s Masterpiece", the latest episode paid tribute to J.R. Ewing and the character depicter, Hagman, who died at 81 after losing his battle against cancer. Steve Kanaly, Cathy Podewell, Deborah Shelton, Charlene Tilton, Ted Shackelford and Ken Kercheval returned in the episode.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'