J.R. Ewing Funeral Boosts 'Dallas' Ratings
Around 3.6 million people were tunning in to TNT on Monday night, March 11 to bid farewell to Larry Hagman's J.R. Ewing on "Dallas". The emotional episode featured a funeral for the villainous character, following the actor's death in November 2012.
The total audience soared 28% from last week's episode. In the target demos, the said outing lured 1.4 million adults 25-54 (up 26%) and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (up 23%).
Though it's a far cry from 6.9 million total viewers who watched the series premiere last summer, it's a nice jump from the average 2.6 million viewers who have been watching the second season since it debuted January 28.
Titled "J.R.'s Masterpiece", the latest episode paid tribute to J.R. Ewing and the character depicter, Hagman, who died at 81 after losing his battle against cancer. Steve Kanaly, Cathy Podewell, Deborah Shelton, Charlene Tilton, Ted Shackelford and Ken Kercheval returned in the episode.
More Dallas News
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser