J.R. Ewing Funeral Boosts 'Dallas' Ratings
Around 3.6 million people were tunning in to TNT on Monday night, March 11 to bid farewell to Larry Hagman's J.R. Ewing on "Dallas". The emotional episode featured a funeral for the villainous character, following the actor's death in November 2012.
The total audience soared 28% from last week's episode. In the target demos, the said outing lured 1.4 million adults 25-54 (up 26%) and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (up 23%).
Though it's a far cry from 6.9 million total viewers who watched the series premiere last summer, it's a nice jump from the average 2.6 million viewers who have been watching the second season since it debuted January 28.
Titled "J.R.'s Masterpiece", the latest episode paid tribute to J.R. Ewing and the character depicter, Hagman, who died at 81 after losing his battle against cancer. Steve Kanaly, Cathy Podewell, Deborah Shelton, Charlene Tilton, Ted Shackelford and Ken Kercheval returned in the episode.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked