J.R. Ewing Funeral Boosts 'Dallas' Ratings
Around 3.6 million people were tunning in to TNT on Monday night, March 11 to bid farewell to Larry Hagman's J.R. Ewing on "Dallas". The emotional episode featured a funeral for the villainous character, following the actor's death in November 2012.
The total audience soared 28% from last week's episode. In the target demos, the said outing lured 1.4 million adults 25-54 (up 26%) and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (up 23%).
Though it's a far cry from 6.9 million total viewers who watched the series premiere last summer, it's a nice jump from the average 2.6 million viewers who have been watching the second season since it debuted January 28.
Titled "J.R.'s Masterpiece", the latest episode paid tribute to J.R. Ewing and the character depicter, Hagman, who died at 81 after losing his battle against cancer. Steve Kanaly, Cathy Podewell, Deborah Shelton, Charlene Tilton, Ted Shackelford and Ken Kercheval returned in the episode.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame