Big K.R.I.T. Premieres 'R.E.M.' Music Video
Rapper and record producer Big K.R.I.T. previews his forthcoming mixtape "King Remembered in Time" via the artsy clip to the track "R.E.M.". The hip-hop recording artist posted the video on his YouTube account as the last leak in his upcoming mixtape project under his record label Cinematic Music Group.
In the Luke Choi KRSP visuals, the 26-year-old rapper appears to be in a dream state while trying to make sense of his life, specifically what he has been through in the past year, that saw the release of his Def Jam debut album "Live From the Underground". The black-and-white video shows him in all sorts of motion - falling, riding an elevator, going up and down on an escalator, in an apparent metaphor for the moves that he has been taking in his musical career.
The monochrome clip finds Big K.R.I.T. wandering across the cityscape as he raps in the almost three-minute track, which borrows a sample of James Blake's "The Wilhelm Scream". The second verse aptly summarizes his current recording achievement, "I don't know about my dreams/ Cause I'm more spiritual than lyrical/ Produced my whole album nothing short of a miracle."
The track follows last month's first released single "Shine On" featuring rapper Bun B, produced by Big K.R.I.T. himself. Unlike in previous works, he will be inviting collaborators to work with him on his new music, particularly naming Mike WiLL Made as a producer on both his new mixtape and next album.
Big K.R.I.T.'s "R.E.M." music video
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story