Disney Plans a New Take on 'Beauty and the Beast' With 'Trance' Scribe
Hot on heels of the massive success of "Oz: The Great and Powerful", Disney is now reportedly looking to develop a new reimagining of another classic story "Beauty and the Beast". The studio giant is in talks with "Trance" scriptwriter Joe Ahearne for the project.
According to Deadline, Disney tentatively refers to the project simply as "The Beast". It's expected to be a live action 3D with dark story, considering the thrilling plot Ahearne penned for the Danny Boyle-directed drama starring James McAvoy and Rosario Dawson.
Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman will serve as producers for the upcoming movie, and Disney's LouAnne Brickhouse will steer the project. No cast has been announced so far.
This weekend, "Oz: The Great and Powerful" bowed at No. 1, giving Disney the biggest opening of the year so far. A prequel to "The Wizard of Oz", the fantasy adventure movie starring James Franco and Mila Kunis scored a whopping $79.1 million Statesides and raked in $70 M overseas, bringing a total of around $150 M worldwide.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child