Disney Plans a New Take on 'Beauty and the Beast' With 'Trance' Scribe
Hot on heels of the massive success of "Oz: The Great and Powerful", Disney is now reportedly looking to develop a new reimagining of another classic story "Beauty and the Beast". The studio giant is in talks with "Trance" scriptwriter Joe Ahearne for the project.
According to Deadline, Disney tentatively refers to the project simply as "The Beast". It's expected to be a live action 3D with dark story, considering the thrilling plot Ahearne penned for the Danny Boyle-directed drama starring James McAvoy and Rosario Dawson.
Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman will serve as producers for the upcoming movie, and Disney's LouAnne Brickhouse will steer the project. No cast has been announced so far.
This weekend, "Oz: The Great and Powerful" bowed at No. 1, giving Disney the biggest opening of the year so far. A prequel to "The Wizard of Oz", the fantasy adventure movie starring James Franco and Mila Kunis scored a whopping $79.1 million Statesides and raked in $70 M overseas, bringing a total of around $150 M worldwide.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video