Disney Plans a New Take on 'Beauty and the Beast' With 'Trance' Scribe
Hot on heels of the massive success of "Oz: The Great and Powerful", Disney is now reportedly looking to develop a new reimagining of another classic story "Beauty and the Beast". The studio giant is in talks with "Trance" scriptwriter Joe Ahearne for the project.
According to Deadline, Disney tentatively refers to the project simply as "The Beast". It's expected to be a live action 3D with dark story, considering the thrilling plot Ahearne penned for the Danny Boyle-directed drama starring James McAvoy and Rosario Dawson.
Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman will serve as producers for the upcoming movie, and Disney's LouAnne Brickhouse will steer the project. No cast has been announced so far.
This weekend, "Oz: The Great and Powerful" bowed at No. 1, giving Disney the biggest opening of the year so far. A prequel to "The Wizard of Oz", the fantasy adventure movie starring James Franco and Mila Kunis scored a whopping $79.1 million Statesides and raked in $70 M overseas, bringing a total of around $150 M worldwide.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS