'The Bachelorette' Officially Names Desiree Hartsock as the Next Star
As "The Bachelor" wrapped up its 17th season, ABC announces the new star of "The Bachelorette". Chris Harrison revealed at the end of "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose" on Monday night, March 11 that Desiree Hartsock would be at the center of the "Bachelorette" season 9.
"I just can't even believe I'm here and with the support of everyone, it's just such a blessing. I just feel so thankful and so grateful...I am, because I could never have imagined," she said of being chosen as the new Bachelorette.
"I'm so happy for [Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici] and I can only hope to find the love that they found and I'm very hopeful in all of this and I do hope to meet the man of my dreams," she added. "I'm ready and I'm open and I think I've seen it happen."
Des went on sharing that her experience on "The Bachelor" made her "realize that the feelings are real and the emotions that you go through." She continued, "It is a real relationship and I'm gonna have many of them, so I know that it can happen and one of them could be, hopefully, my true love, as cliche as it sounds."
Des was among the girls who were vying for Sean Lowe's love on "The Bachelor". She was in the final four and got eliminated in the eighth episode. The 26-year-old bridal stylist reportedly edged out AshLee Frazier, Sarah Herron and Lesley M. to be the next Bachelorette.
The new installment of "The Bachelorette" has begun filming for a May premiere.
More The Bachelorette News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones