'The Bachelorette' Officially Names Desiree Hartsock as the Next Star
As "The Bachelor" wrapped up its 17th season, ABC announces the new star of "The Bachelorette". Chris Harrison revealed at the end of "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose" on Monday night, March 11 that Desiree Hartsock would be at the center of the "Bachelorette" season 9.
"I just can't even believe I'm here and with the support of everyone, it's just such a blessing. I just feel so thankful and so grateful...I am, because I could never have imagined," she said of being chosen as the new Bachelorette.
"I'm so happy for [Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici] and I can only hope to find the love that they found and I'm very hopeful in all of this and I do hope to meet the man of my dreams," she added. "I'm ready and I'm open and I think I've seen it happen."
Des went on sharing that her experience on "The Bachelor" made her "realize that the feelings are real and the emotions that you go through." She continued, "It is a real relationship and I'm gonna have many of them, so I know that it can happen and one of them could be, hopefully, my true love, as cliche as it sounds."
Des was among the girls who were vying for Sean Lowe's love on "The Bachelor". She was in the final four and got eliminated in the eighth episode. The 26-year-old bridal stylist reportedly edged out AshLee Frazier, Sarah Herron and Lesley M. to be the next Bachelorette.
The new installment of "The Bachelorette" has begun filming for a May premiere.
More The Bachelorette News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards