Morrissey Postpones San Francisco Show
Reportedly due to a recent bout with double pneumonia, English rock singer and lyricist Morrissey was forced to postpone his Saturday concert at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco. The said show, which has been rescheduled for May 1, is the latest in a string of tour dates that have been affected by the 53-year-old artist's health problems.
"Due to Morrissey's medical condition, tonight's engagement at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco will need to be rescheduled and will now take place on May 1," according to a statement posted on a Morrissey fan site. "All tickets previously purchased for the Regency Ballroom show will be honored on the new date."
Despite his latest illness, the legendary rocker is expecting to be up and about for his March 14 at Vive Latino in Mexico. The remaining U.S. dates on his tour have not been revised as of the moment and will proceed as scheduled if all goes as planned.
The former The Smiths frontman was last hospitalized in January while touring in Michigan, diagnosed with ulcer and Barrett's esophagus. Most recently, he cancelled an appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" although it was not at all related to health issues but rather his animal rights stance. Morrissey is also an advocate of vegetarianism, making headlines in his L.A. Staples Center concert when he had the McDonald's outlets within the vicinity closed down during his performance.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance