Morrissey Postpones San Francisco Show
Reportedly due to a recent bout with double pneumonia, English rock singer and lyricist Morrissey was forced to postpone his Saturday concert at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco. The said show, which has been rescheduled for May 1, is the latest in a string of tour dates that have been affected by the 53-year-old artist's health problems.
"Due to Morrissey's medical condition, tonight's engagement at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco will need to be rescheduled and will now take place on May 1," according to a statement posted on a Morrissey fan site. "All tickets previously purchased for the Regency Ballroom show will be honored on the new date."
Despite his latest illness, the legendary rocker is expecting to be up and about for his March 14 at Vive Latino in Mexico. The remaining U.S. dates on his tour have not been revised as of the moment and will proceed as scheduled if all goes as planned.
The former The Smiths frontman was last hospitalized in January while touring in Michigan, diagnosed with ulcer and Barrett's esophagus. Most recently, he cancelled an appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" although it was not at all related to health issues but rather his animal rights stance. Morrissey is also an advocate of vegetarianism, making headlines in his L.A. Staples Center concert when he had the McDonald's outlets within the vicinity closed down during his performance.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy