A 12-Year-Old Boy Admits to Swatting Prank on Ashton Kutcher's Home
The young boy arrested last December in relation to swatting prank targeting Ashton Kutcher and Justin Bieber admits guilt, saying he's responsible for tricking police into believing there was an emergency situation at Kutcher's residence. The identity of the prankster who is reportedly from Riverside County is not divulged due to his minor age.
The boy, who allegedly will turn 13 in April, has been charged in a petition in a juvenile court. In addition to facing felony charges of making a false bomb threat and computer intrusion involving Kutcher's home, he is accused of placing fake distressed calls that lured SWAT team to Bieber's house and a Wells Fargo bank branch in Los Angeles in two separate incidents.
The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office says those charges will likely be dismissed but insists the allegations are going to be considered in the boy's sentencing. The juvie has been released to his parents' custody and the case has been transferred to his home county which the court refused to name publicly.
On October 9, police sent cars and helicopters to Bieber's residence after they received a call that there's a man waving a gun in the area. A week earlier, a team of police forces went to Kutcher's home with guns drawn in response to a distress teletext message usually used by a deaf person.
There were also similar alarming prank calls that prompted authorities to send enforcements to the houses belonging to Miley Cyrus, Simon Cowell and Tom Cruise. The swatting series didn't stop even after the boy was arrested. Most recently, the Kardashian family became the target of a similar prank.
More Ashton Kutcher News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert