Justin Timberlake's '20/20 Experience' Expected to Debut on Top of Billboard 200
Justin Timberlake's much-anticipated "The 20/20 Experience" album is expected to debut on top of the Billboard 200 album charts when it gets finally released next week. Industry sources are projecting at least half a million copies in sales that could give the 32-year-old entertainer his second No. 1, the first one being his 2006's "FutureSex/LoveSounds" album which sold 684,000 copies in its first week.
If the album reaches the 500,000 threshold, it will also duplicate the feat achieved by One Direction's "Take Me Home" which debuted with a whopping 540,000 when it was first released back in November 2012. When that happens, it will be the best sales week for an album in the past four months, that saw a decline in sales following an upsurge during the past holiday season.
Besides "Take Me Home", only three other albums were able to sell in excess of half a million copies last year. Taylor Swift's "Red" debuted with a record-setting 1.2 million, while Mumford & Sons' Grammy Award-winning album "Babel" debuted with 600,000. In its first full week after the 2012 Grammys, Adele's "21" brought in sales of 730,000.
If JT surpasses the 500k mark, he will come after Canadian rapper Drake, the last male solo artist to sell more than 500k records in a week's time. The Toronto rapper achieved this back in December 2011, when his "Take Care" album posted 631,000 in sales. To ensure that he repeats Drake's accomplishment soon, JT streamed his forthcoming album on iTunes to give fans a first listen at his new tracks and entice them to pick up the album next week.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72