Barbara Walters: Elisabeth Hasselbeck 'The View' Exit Report Is False Story
Barbara Walters took it on "The View" Monday, March 11 to address speculation about Elisabeth Hasselbeck's alleged departure from the show. Squashing off the rumor, the veteran journalist said, "There is a particularly false story that keeps getting picked up about Elisabeth's alleged departure, saying that we don't approve of her conservative views. The truth is, we love Elisabeth. I like her personally, and she's just a wonderful person."
She added, "But beyond that, we value and appreciate her point of view...because Elisabeth helps give the show perspective and balance. And believe me, she's tougher than she looks. She has to be, to sit here for a decade and take the kind of guff we give her." Walters went on stressing, "So we have no plans for Elisabeth to leave the show."
Also on the same edition, Walters talked about Joy Behar's impending departure. "It's very bittersweet," she admitted. "Joy and I started this show together. I sort of feel I discovered you." She later added, "Right now the only person who cannot leave this show is me."
Behar then revealed her top 10 list of reasons for leaving the talk show. "ABC won't let me drink on the air like Hoda [Kotb] and Kathie Lee [Gifford]," she said on No. 10. "I have a pathological fear of catching childhood diseases like mumps from Barbara," was the No. 6 reason.
"The conctact high from sitting next to Whoopi [Goldberg] keeps giving me the munchies," "I find the constant echo from Sherri [Shepherd]'s cleavage distracting," and "Like Barbara, I'm developing an unhealthy attraction to Elisabeth" were some of her other reasons.
Behar announced she would leave "The View" at the end of the current 16th season to pursue other passages. She and Walters are the only remaining original cast members of the ABC show.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
More The View News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked