Barbara Walters: Elisabeth Hasselbeck 'The View' Exit Report Is False Story
Barbara Walters took it on "The View" Monday, March 11 to address speculation about Elisabeth Hasselbeck's alleged departure from the show. Squashing off the rumor, the veteran journalist said, "There is a particularly false story that keeps getting picked up about Elisabeth's alleged departure, saying that we don't approve of her conservative views. The truth is, we love Elisabeth. I like her personally, and she's just a wonderful person."
She added, "But beyond that, we value and appreciate her point of view...because Elisabeth helps give the show perspective and balance. And believe me, she's tougher than she looks. She has to be, to sit here for a decade and take the kind of guff we give her." Walters went on stressing, "So we have no plans for Elisabeth to leave the show."
Also on the same edition, Walters talked about Joy Behar's impending departure. "It's very bittersweet," she admitted. "Joy and I started this show together. I sort of feel I discovered you." She later added, "Right now the only person who cannot leave this show is me."
Behar then revealed her top 10 list of reasons for leaving the talk show. "ABC won't let me drink on the air like Hoda [Kotb] and Kathie Lee [Gifford]," she said on No. 10. "I have a pathological fear of catching childhood diseases like mumps from Barbara," was the No. 6 reason.
"The conctact high from sitting next to Whoopi [Goldberg] keeps giving me the munchies," "I find the constant echo from Sherri [Shepherd]'s cleavage distracting," and "Like Barbara, I'm developing an unhealthy attraction to Elisabeth" were some of her other reasons.
Behar announced she would leave "The View" at the end of the current 16th season to pursue other passages. She and Walters are the only remaining original cast members of the ABC show.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic