Brooke Shields May Join 'The View' as New Co-Host
Brooke Shields is reported being courted as the new co-host of ABC's "The View". According to Showbiz 411, sources say that the wife of writer Chris Henchy fulfills all the qualifications needed. A French literature graduate from Princeton university, Shields is very articulate. Thus, she is believed to be able to discuss wide range of topics with other existing members, Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
News of Shields' possible casting comes after Joy Behar announced she would leave the show by the end of the current season. An original cast member, Behar decided to leave the New York talk show on March 8 after serving as the co-host for 16 years. "You can't stay forever on a show," Behar said on ABC's "Good Morning America". "I am graciously exiting stage left. I've put in 16 years and felt the time was right. I want to explore other opportunities."
Meanwhile, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative on the show's panel, was rumored to exit the show as well. "The viewers they polled all said she was too extreme and right wing," a source told Us Weekly of Hasselbeck, who joined the show in November 2003. "People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her [Thursday, March 7] her contract would not be renewed."
However, a representative for the show has denied this rumor as stating, "Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of The View and has a long-term contract."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie