'Trainspotting' Sequel to Film With Original Cast in 2016
In 2012, Danny Boyle confirmed that he moved forward with a sequel to his 1996 hit film, "Trainspotting". Recently, Boyle revealed that he would film the adaptation of Irvine Welsh's "Porno" in 2016. Furthermore, he believed the entire original cast members would be returning for the sequel.
"This has been a long time coming. There's always been this long term plan for 'Trainspotting 2', if John (Hodge) can produce a decent enough script, I don't think there will be any barriers to Ewan (McGregor) or any of the cast coming back... I think they'll wanna know that the parts are good so they don't feel like they are letting anyone down," Boyle said of the project.
"The reason for doing it again is that people cherish the original, people remember it or have caught up with it if they never saw because they were younger. So you want to make sure you don't disappoint people. That will be the only criteria, I think," the "Slumdog Millionaire" helmer added.
Boyle said the film wouldn't be straightly adapted from the novel. "It's very loosely based on 'Porno'. There's a couple of things that are based on the book, but obviously we'd have to have Irvine on board," Boyle explained. He also noted that John Hodge, who penned the first film, is currently working on the script.
Boyle directed "Trainspotting" based on a novel of the same title written by Welsh. The first film starred Ewan McGregor, Ewen Bremner, Jonny Lee Miller, Robert Carlyle, and Kelly Macdonald. The film tells the story of Mark Renton (McGregor) who tries to clean up and get out, despite the allure of the drugs and influence of friends.
In 2002, Welsh wrote the follow-up, "Porno". Porno is set ten years after the events of "Trainspotting" and focuses on main characters Begbie, Renton, Spud and Sick Boy, only this time set against the porn industry as opposed to heroin addiction.
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed