Frank Ocean Sued Over 'Lost' Track in 'Channel Orange'
R 'n' B artist Frank Ocean is being sued by producer and songwriter Micah Otano over his Grammy Award-winning album "Channel Orange" track, "Lost". Ocean, along with record labels Def Jam and Universal and record producer Malay, is being sued by Otano for allegedly copying his song "Daylight" which Malay apparently took and re-named as "Lost" when it appeared in Ocean's LP.
In the lawsuit filed last week by Otano, the songwriter also claimed that despite co-writing the song with Malay, he did not get properly credited for his work on the "Channel Orange" album. He accused Malay of wrongly taking all the production credit for the song and is seeking an undisclosed amount in back royalties and damages for it.
Although Otano was credited as a songwriter for the track, the album is said to be unclear as to who produced it and in the process might have become negligent in fully crediting him as a producer. Otano had previously written for singers Anastacia ("Burning Star") and Fantasia Barrino ("Overload").
"Lost" is one of five tracks that appear on the critically-acclaimed "Channel Orange" which won Best Urban Contemporary Album at the Grammy Awards this year. The success of "Channel Orange" also won Ocean the Brit Awards trophy for Best International Male Artist. Ocean has recently revealed that he is busy working on a follow-up album with Pharrell Williams and Tyler, The Creator.
More Frank Ocean News
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake