Sarah Jessica Parker Calls 'The Carrie Diaries' 'Odd'
Sarah Jessica Parker reveals her thoughts on "The Carrie Diaries", the prequel series to "Sex and the City". In an interview with Net-A-Porter's The Edit, she candidly says that she is unsure of how the series will turn out, especially the iconic character Carrie Bradshaw that AnnaSophia Robb plays.
"You know, I think it's one of those tests of your generosity," she tells. "She [AnnaSophia Robb] is a lovely girl and I want her to feel good about it, but it's . . . odd."
Even so, the 47-year-old actress believes that "Sex and the City" paved the way for another series about young women coping with life and love in New York, saying, "HBO was very encouraging of the beyond-camera role I played, and I feel that had we not done it, I don't know that would have existed for 'Girls'."
"The Carrie Diaries", which premiered on January 14 on The CW, centers on young Carrie Bradshaw during her senior year of high school in the early 1980s. Previously, Robb told Teen Vogue about the reason why she eventually decided to take the role. "I realized it was actually a really strong story," she said of getting involved with the series. "It had a lot of heart and integrity, and Carrie seems like a character that I can grow with."
Robb has not made any response to Parker's comments. On March 7, she tweeted to let her fans know that shooting for the first season of "The Carrie Diaries" was complete, "Last day on set! Our incredible wardrobe dpt dressed in full 80s!!! And did a flash mob in one of our scenes. That's a wrap on season 1 of #thecarriediaries."
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball