Dane DeHaan Dishes on 'Epic' Script of 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
As "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel starts filming in New York with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, new cast member Dane DeHaan assures that the screenwriters did a good job on penning an amazing script. The Harry Osborne depicter tells Collider, "It's awesome. It really is."
The 27-year-old actor explains what makes the script written by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner so good. "It's human and it's deep and it's also epic and still a huge superhero movie. But it all makes sense and it all comes from very human elements," he elaborates.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is expected to be released on May 2, 2014 in both 2D and 3D screens. It will pick up where the first movie left off with Peter Parker facing new villain, Electro. Another complication comes in form of an old friend, Harry Osborn, as the hero uncovers new clues about his past.
Garfield and Stone will reprise their roles as Peter/Spider-Man and his high school sweetheart Gwen Stacy respectively. They will be joined by Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon/Electro and Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson. Director Marc Webb will return taking the directing seat.
The first "Amazing Spider-Man" was released in the summer of 2012. The first installment in the reboot project of "Spider-Man" trilogy directed by Sam Raimi has collected $262 million in North America and $490 overseas. It becomes the tenth highest-grossing superhero film.
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos