Dane DeHaan Dishes on 'Epic' Script of 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
As "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel starts filming in New York with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, new cast member Dane DeHaan assures that the screenwriters did a good job on penning an amazing script. The Harry Osborne depicter tells Collider, "It's awesome. It really is."
The 27-year-old actor explains what makes the script written by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner so good. "It's human and it's deep and it's also epic and still a huge superhero movie. But it all makes sense and it all comes from very human elements," he elaborates.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is expected to be released on May 2, 2014 in both 2D and 3D screens. It will pick up where the first movie left off with Peter Parker facing new villain, Electro. Another complication comes in form of an old friend, Harry Osborn, as the hero uncovers new clues about his past.
Garfield and Stone will reprise their roles as Peter/Spider-Man and his high school sweetheart Gwen Stacy respectively. They will be joined by Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon/Electro and Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson. Director Marc Webb will return taking the directing seat.
The first "Amazing Spider-Man" was released in the summer of 2012. The first installment in the reboot project of "Spider-Man" trilogy directed by Sam Raimi has collected $262 million in North America and $490 overseas. It becomes the tenth highest-grossing superhero film.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos