Artist of the Week: Emeli Sande
Emeli Sande will definitely not just be a one-hit wonder if her debut album "Our Version of Events" is any indication of her long-lasting career. It's been a year since the album was released in the U.K, but it still becomes the most popular album just like her growing appeal to music fans in the country.
Powered by such hit singles as "Heaven", "Next to Me" and "Clown", the February 10, 2012 studio release recently placed her back at No. 1 on the album chart. It marked at least her sixth non-consecutive week on the penthouse of the weekly rundown, cementing her position as one of the new artists to watch.
Music is her biggest passion in life and making album has always been her big dream. Whether she got signed or not, she once promised that she would make it happen. When it finally came true, she never thought she could get "this much anticipation, or acknowledgement of what I was doing." She loves it only because she has experienced how it feels like when no one cares.
Emeli, 26, is currently embarking on a tour across Europe to promote the album and will stay on the road until summer. While she doesn't take the stage for live shows, she spends her time crafting new materials for her next project. "Setting up a portable studio for the road!! #pentime," the singer/songwriter spilled.
In one interview, she gave advice to aspiring artists on how to sharpen their skills. "To anybody writing songs my first piece of advice is always know what you're writing about and really believe in what you're writing about... So take everything around you, even if it feels like the smallest everyday thing, and write about that. That's what I did as a kid," she said.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2