'Star Trek Into Darkness' New Teaser Trailer Highlights on Faith
A new teaser trailer for "Star Trek Into Darkness" has made its way out over the weekend, sharing more scenes from the highly-anticipated action, sci-fi film. After Benedict Cumberbatch's villainous character became the central figure in the previous teasers trailers, this time Chris Pine's Captain Kirk gets the spotlight.
He and Karl Urban's Bones are seen jumping off a cliff in an extended scene which sees them being chased by unknown characters, and is being lectured by Bruce Greenwood's Pike for not playing by the rules. In another scene, Pike tells Kirk, "I believe in you."
In the follow-up to 2009's "Star Trek", the crew of the Enterprise is called back home only to find that an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
J.J. Abrams returns in the directing seat, with the script written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof and Bruce Greenwood. Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg and John Cho reprise their roles as Nyota Uhura, Spock, Scotty and Hikaru Sulu respetively. The potential blockbuster is set to open wide in the United States on May 17.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers