'Star Trek Into Darkness' New Teaser Trailer Highlights on Faith
A new teaser trailer for "Star Trek Into Darkness" has made its way out over the weekend, sharing more scenes from the highly-anticipated action, sci-fi film. After Benedict Cumberbatch's villainous character became the central figure in the previous teasers trailers, this time Chris Pine's Captain Kirk gets the spotlight.
He and Karl Urban's Bones are seen jumping off a cliff in an extended scene which sees them being chased by unknown characters, and is being lectured by Bruce Greenwood's Pike for not playing by the rules. In another scene, Pike tells Kirk, "I believe in you."
In the follow-up to 2009's "Star Trek", the crew of the Enterprise is called back home only to find that an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
J.J. Abrams returns in the directing seat, with the script written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof and Bruce Greenwood. Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg and John Cho reprise their roles as Nyota Uhura, Spock, Scotty and Hikaru Sulu respetively. The potential blockbuster is set to open wide in the United States on May 17.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia