Motley Crue Cuts Sydney Concert as Vince Neil Is Rushed to Hospital
Heavy metal band band Motley Crue's Sunday concert in Allphones Arena in Sydney had to be cut short when their lead singer Vince Neil had to be abruptly taken to a hospital when he experienced pain from his kidney stones ailment while performing. The group had delivered a handful of their hits before bassist Nikki Sixx announced that they had to end their set early as their 52-year-old frontman could no longer continue since he had to get treatment in a nearby hospital.
The band's manager Allen Kovac revealed, "He has been having problems for the last few days with kidney stones." Neil had apparently been confined overnight for observation.
Sixx followed up his onstage announcement with a Twitter apology, saying, "Sorry Sydney for a short set tonight but Vince had to be rushed to the hospital for internal pain. Will update you on his progress." Guitarist Mick Mars also tweeted fans to update them on Neil's condition, "Vince had an attack of kidney stones. He went straight from stage to hospital."
This is said to be the first time the band had to cut a show short despite previous occasions when Neil had to play while in pain. "Vince is a warrior, who has played shows through a wide ranging list of injuries. If there is a way to safely perform, he always does," said Kovac. "In nearly 20 years of managing Motley Crue, I can't recall a show the band has canceled."
The band is set to perform next in the Brisbane leg of their Australian tour on March 12, and without a formal announcement yet of a cancellation or postponement, the show is looking to proceed as scheduled.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season