Motley Crue Cuts Sydney Concert as Vince Neil Is Rushed to Hospital
Heavy metal band band Motley Crue's Sunday concert in Allphones Arena in Sydney had to be cut short when their lead singer Vince Neil had to be abruptly taken to a hospital when he experienced pain from his kidney stones ailment while performing. The group had delivered a handful of their hits before bassist Nikki Sixx announced that they had to end their set early as their 52-year-old frontman could no longer continue since he had to get treatment in a nearby hospital.
The band's manager Allen Kovac revealed, "He has been having problems for the last few days with kidney stones." Neil had apparently been confined overnight for observation.
Sixx followed up his onstage announcement with a Twitter apology, saying, "Sorry Sydney for a short set tonight but Vince had to be rushed to the hospital for internal pain. Will update you on his progress." Guitarist Mick Mars also tweeted fans to update them on Neil's condition, "Vince had an attack of kidney stones. He went straight from stage to hospital."
This is said to be the first time the band had to cut a show short despite previous occasions when Neil had to play while in pain. "Vince is a warrior, who has played shows through a wide ranging list of injuries. If there is a way to safely perform, he always does," said Kovac. "In nearly 20 years of managing Motley Crue, I can't recall a show the band has canceled."
The band is set to perform next in the Brisbane leg of their Australian tour on March 12, and without a formal announcement yet of a cancellation or postponement, the show is looking to proceed as scheduled.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?