Holly Madison Defends Daughter's Name, Gets Rainbow Nail Polish to Celebrate Baby's Arrival
Holly Madison is aware that many people found the name, Rainbow Aurora, she gave to her newborn daughter odd and so they dissed it. "There are a lot of smug haters out there who bag on my choice of a name, but I don't care about what they think," the proud mother wrote in a recent blog post.
Undeterred by the negative comments on the web, she added, "I want my daughter to be proud of who she is and learn to speak up and stand up for herself at a young age. I spent most of my life being a people-pleaser who worried about what other people thought or thought was cool and I don't want that for her."
The former Playboy model even got nail polish with matching theme to celebrate the bundle of joy and her unique name. "I got my nails done Rainbow colors to celebrate my new daughter's name!" she gushed while posting a picture of her colorful newly-manicured nails.
"I have always loved the name Rainbow. There was a girl in my school a few years younger than me named Rainbow and I was so envious of her name because it was so pretty and unusual. She was a perfectly normal, well-adjusted, sporty girl," she explained.
"I couldn't be more blessed to have such a perfect daughter and have never been happier than I am now!" the ex-"Girls Next Door" star went on. "By the way, so I'm not worried about my daughter being 'traumatized' by having an unusual name."
Madison gave birth to her first child with boyfriend Pasquale Rotella on March 5 in a Las Vegas hospital.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship