Holly Madison Defends Daughter's Name, Gets Rainbow Nail Polish to Celebrate Baby's Arrival
Holly Madison is aware that many people found the name, Rainbow Aurora, she gave to her newborn daughter odd and so they dissed it. "There are a lot of smug haters out there who bag on my choice of a name, but I don't care about what they think," the proud mother wrote in a recent blog post.
Undeterred by the negative comments on the web, she added, "I want my daughter to be proud of who she is and learn to speak up and stand up for herself at a young age. I spent most of my life being a people-pleaser who worried about what other people thought or thought was cool and I don't want that for her."
The former Playboy model even got nail polish with matching theme to celebrate the bundle of joy and her unique name. "I got my nails done Rainbow colors to celebrate my new daughter's name!" she gushed while posting a picture of her colorful newly-manicured nails.
"I have always loved the name Rainbow. There was a girl in my school a few years younger than me named Rainbow and I was so envious of her name because it was so pretty and unusual. She was a perfectly normal, well-adjusted, sporty girl," she explained.
"I couldn't be more blessed to have such a perfect daughter and have never been happier than I am now!" the ex-"Girls Next Door" star went on. "By the way, so I'm not worried about my daughter being 'traumatized' by having an unusual name."
Madison gave birth to her first child with boyfriend Pasquale Rotella on March 5 in a Las Vegas hospital.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding