Justin Timberlake-Hosted 'SNL' Posts Best Ratings in More Than a Year
Justin Timberlake boosted "Saturday Night Live" ratings to its best in 14 months. The March 9 edition of the show averaged a 3.7 rating among adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters. It's up 32% from last week's episode hosted by Kevin Hart and the highest for the variety series since January 7, 2012, when Charles Barkley served as the host.
In metered-market households, the episode which marked Timberlake's fifth hosting stint on "SNL" delivered a 5.9 rating, topping any telecast on broadcast networks that night. It's the same haul not achieved by the show since the Barkley-hosted edition.
On Saturday, Timberlake opened the show with a quite short monologue followed by a "Five-Timers" sketch where he joined the club of five-time hosts. There, he was welcomed by Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Alec Baldwin, Tom Hanks and Candice Bergen. Dan Aykroyd and Martin Short also made appearance, playing a bartender and a waiter respectively.
The "Friends with Benefits" actor also brought back Andy Samberg to reprise "D*ck in a Box" guys, using 1990s-style R&B to woo Judy Peterman. Aykroyd and Martin then jumped in, reprising their roles as the Festrunk Brothers.
Also booked as the musical guest, Timberlake sang "Suit & Tie" and "Mirrors". He was joined by his collaborator Jay-Z for the first song. During his performance, he possibly dissed Kanye West who recently criticized the song, changing a line in the second verse to "My hit's so sick, got rappers acting dramatic."
Justin Timberlake's monologue:
More Saturday Night Live News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says