Rick Springfield Arrested for Missing Court Date
Rick Springfield, 63, was arrested at his Los Angeles home on Friday morning, March 8, as police executed a bench warrant issued for him. He was then taken to Lost Hills Sheriff's Station. The warrant was issued on March 6 after the Australian songwriter failed to appear before a judge last month for his 2011 DUI case.
The "Speak to the Sky" rocker was released soon after his lawyer had the warrant recalled. On his official Facebook page, Rick commented on his brief arrest, "My home away from home. Lost hills sheriff station. Arrested this am on a bench warrant. I didn't know that I was supposed appear in court a few weeks ago. It was to do with the old DUI charge and it's been cleared up and i am free to go."
The DUI case happened in May 2011 when police spotted Rick speeding on the Pacific Coast Highway in his 1963 Corvette and concluded that he was driving under the influence. He pleaded no contest to the charge last August and received three years of informal probation. The former "General Hospital" star was required to attend a mandatory three-month alcohol education program. However, he "didn't know" that he was supposed to show proof of his progress in the program last month.
A representative for the court said, "He was supposed to show proof he completed an alcohol education program. Rick was also supposed to pay $1,555 in fines. Rick was ordered to complete the alcohol program as a part of a plea deal he struck with prosecutors to keep his ass out of jail."
Rick is scheduled to perform at Eagle Mountain Casino in Porterville, California on Friday night, March 8.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off