Rick Springfield Arrested for Missing Court Date
Rick Springfield, 63, was arrested at his Los Angeles home on Friday morning, March 8, as police executed a bench warrant issued for him. He was then taken to Lost Hills Sheriff's Station. The warrant was issued on March 6 after the Australian songwriter failed to appear before a judge last month for his 2011 DUI case.
The "Speak to the Sky" rocker was released soon after his lawyer had the warrant recalled. On his official Facebook page, Rick commented on his brief arrest, "My home away from home. Lost hills sheriff station. Arrested this am on a bench warrant. I didn't know that I was supposed appear in court a few weeks ago. It was to do with the old DUI charge and it's been cleared up and i am free to go."
The DUI case happened in May 2011 when police spotted Rick speeding on the Pacific Coast Highway in his 1963 Corvette and concluded that he was driving under the influence. He pleaded no contest to the charge last August and received three years of informal probation. The former "General Hospital" star was required to attend a mandatory three-month alcohol education program. However, he "didn't know" that he was supposed to show proof of his progress in the program last month.
A representative for the court said, "He was supposed to show proof he completed an alcohol education program. Rick was also supposed to pay $1,555 in fines. Rick was ordered to complete the alcohol program as a part of a plea deal he struck with prosecutors to keep his ass out of jail."
Rick is scheduled to perform at Eagle Mountain Casino in Porterville, California on Friday night, March 8.
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks