Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' to Be Co-Produced by Warner Bros. and Paramount
Warner Bros. and Paramount are going to co-produce and co-distribute Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar". The two major studios announced on March 8 that the film was set for domestic release on November 7, 2014 with Paramount set to distribute the film domestically and Warner Bros. internationally.
Directed by Chris, "Interstellar" has the director's brother, Jonathan Nolan, penning the script. Verry little is shared about the plot, but both studios describe it as "a heroic interstellar voyage to the furthest reaches of our scientific understanding."
The film will also be produced by Emma Thomas and Chris of Syncopy Films and Lynda Obst of Lynda Obst Productions, with Kip Thorne serving as executive producer.
"As a filmmaker and storyteller, Chris has continuously entertained the world with his extraordinary and unparalleled talents," Paramount's Brad Grey said in a press release. "I am pleased beyond measure to welcome him to the Paramount Pictures family. Partnering with Chris, Emma (Thomas), Lynda (Obst) and Warner Bros. to release this original idea next November is the perfect way to start the Thanksgiving and holiday movie season for audiences around the world."
The president of Warner Bros., Jeff Robinov, added, "Christopher Nolan is truly one of the great auteurs working in film today, and we're extremely proud of our successful and ongoing collaboration with him and Emma Thomas. We are excited to be teaming with Paramount, and look forward to working with the Nolans, and producer Lynda Obst, on this extraordinary new project."
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson