Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' to Be Co-Produced by Warner Bros. and Paramount
Warner Bros. and Paramount are going to co-produce and co-distribute Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar". The two major studios announced on March 8 that the film was set for domestic release on November 7, 2014 with Paramount set to distribute the film domestically and Warner Bros. internationally.
Directed by Chris, "Interstellar" has the director's brother, Jonathan Nolan, penning the script. Verry little is shared about the plot, but both studios describe it as "a heroic interstellar voyage to the furthest reaches of our scientific understanding."
The film will also be produced by Emma Thomas and Chris of Syncopy Films and Lynda Obst of Lynda Obst Productions, with Kip Thorne serving as executive producer.
"As a filmmaker and storyteller, Chris has continuously entertained the world with his extraordinary and unparalleled talents," Paramount's Brad Grey said in a press release. "I am pleased beyond measure to welcome him to the Paramount Pictures family. Partnering with Chris, Emma (Thomas), Lynda (Obst) and Warner Bros. to release this original idea next November is the perfect way to start the Thanksgiving and holiday movie season for audiences around the world."
The president of Warner Bros., Jeff Robinov, added, "Christopher Nolan is truly one of the great auteurs working in film today, and we're extremely proud of our successful and ongoing collaboration with him and Emma Thomas. We are excited to be teaming with Paramount, and look forward to working with the Nolans, and producer Lynda Obst, on this extraordinary new project."
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role