PSY to Release New Single in April During Mega Concert 'Happening'
After taking the world by storm with his global hit "Gangnam Style", South Korean pop star PSY is gearing up to release a new single on April 13. He will do so during a mega concert entitled "Happening" which he will hold from his homeland South Korea, at the Seoul World Cup Stadium. The event can be seen worldwide via video hosting site YouTube, which catapulted his "Gangnam Style" to unprecedented global recognition.
All these information was revealed by PSY on March 8, via a one-minute video, with his message first delivered in his native Korean language then followed by its English version. The 35-year-old entertainer also dropped his own take on the current viral craze "Harlem Shake" along with his announcement video.
"Allright PPL~!!! I'm Uploading the video at my @YouTube acc. It's regarding a #NewSingleInfo and #PSYdoingGangnamSHAKE!!! Plz WAIT!!" PSY tweeted to his millions of followers to inform them about the news. Fans are eagerly awaiting a new song from PSY, who has so far only released a remix EP of "Gangnam Style" featuring Diplo, Afrojack, 2 Chainz and Tyga.
After its release back in July, "Gangnam Style" reached the No. 2 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 and remains to be in the chart at No. 27, months after it first broke out. It made PSY into a global phenomenon due to the horse dance featured in the accompanying music video, which has become the most watched video in the history of YouTube.
PSY announces new single release:
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video