PSY to Release New Single in April During Mega Concert 'Happening'
After taking the world by storm with his global hit "Gangnam Style", South Korean pop star PSY is gearing up to release a new single on April 13. He will do so during a mega concert entitled "Happening" which he will hold from his homeland South Korea, at the Seoul World Cup Stadium. The event can be seen worldwide via video hosting site YouTube, which catapulted his "Gangnam Style" to unprecedented global recognition.
All these information was revealed by PSY on March 8, via a one-minute video, with his message first delivered in his native Korean language then followed by its English version. The 35-year-old entertainer also dropped his own take on the current viral craze "Harlem Shake" along with his announcement video.
"Allright PPL~!!! I'm Uploading the video at my @YouTube acc. It's regarding a #NewSingleInfo and #PSYdoingGangnamSHAKE!!! Plz WAIT!!" PSY tweeted to his millions of followers to inform them about the news. Fans are eagerly awaiting a new song from PSY, who has so far only released a remix EP of "Gangnam Style" featuring Diplo, Afrojack, 2 Chainz and Tyga.
After its release back in July, "Gangnam Style" reached the No. 2 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 and remains to be in the chart at No. 27, months after it first broke out. It made PSY into a global phenomenon due to the horse dance featured in the accompanying music video, which has become the most watched video in the history of YouTube.
PSY announces new single release:
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified