PSY to Release New Single in April During Mega Concert 'Happening'
After taking the world by storm with his global hit "Gangnam Style", South Korean pop star PSY is gearing up to release a new single on April 13. He will do so during a mega concert entitled "Happening" which he will hold from his homeland South Korea, at the Seoul World Cup Stadium. The event can be seen worldwide via video hosting site YouTube, which catapulted his "Gangnam Style" to unprecedented global recognition.
All these information was revealed by PSY on March 8, via a one-minute video, with his message first delivered in his native Korean language then followed by its English version. The 35-year-old entertainer also dropped his own take on the current viral craze "Harlem Shake" along with his announcement video.
"Allright PPL~!!! I'm Uploading the video at my @YouTube acc. It's regarding a #NewSingleInfo and #PSYdoingGangnamSHAKE!!! Plz WAIT!!" PSY tweeted to his millions of followers to inform them about the news. Fans are eagerly awaiting a new song from PSY, who has so far only released a remix EP of "Gangnam Style" featuring Diplo, Afrojack, 2 Chainz and Tyga.
After its release back in July, "Gangnam Style" reached the No. 2 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 and remains to be in the chart at No. 27, months after it first broke out. It made PSY into a global phenomenon due to the horse dance featured in the accompanying music video, which has become the most watched video in the history of YouTube.
PSY announces new single release:
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name