Lisa Ling Gives Birth to Baby Girl, Jett
TV journalist Lisa Ling, 39, and her oncologist husband Paul Song, 41, welcomed their daughter Jett Ling Song on March 8 at 1:24 P.M. in Santa Monica, California. The healthy baby girl weighed in at 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
The couple, who got married on May 26, 2007 in Los Angeles, could not hide their excitement about the arrival of their first child. "We feel so blessed that this day has arrived," Lisa told Us Weekly. "We're nervously excited to begin this next chapter in our lives with our little Jett."
Lisa's rep told PEOPLE that the couple could not wait to bring the baby home soon, saying, "Lisa and Jett are resting comfortably. The proud parents are enjoying the first day of parenthood and are looking forward to bringing their daughter home."
Lisa once suffered a devastating miscarriage in 2010. "I felt more like a failure than I'd felt in a very long time," Lisa spoke out about her miscarriage on "The View". "When I heard the doctor say there was no heartbeat it was like bam, like a knife through the heart."
Fortunately, the special correspondent for CNN made it through her latest pregnancy complication-free. Lisa told Kit Hoover and Billy Bush during a late-October appearance on "Access Hollywood Live" that her pregnancy was "completely normal" that it made her feel "very, very lucky."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video