Lisa Ling Gives Birth to Baby Girl, Jett
TV journalist Lisa Ling, 39, and her oncologist husband Paul Song, 41, welcomed their daughter Jett Ling Song on March 8 at 1:24 P.M. in Santa Monica, California. The healthy baby girl weighed in at 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
The couple, who got married on May 26, 2007 in Los Angeles, could not hide their excitement about the arrival of their first child. "We feel so blessed that this day has arrived," Lisa told Us Weekly. "We're nervously excited to begin this next chapter in our lives with our little Jett."
Lisa's rep told PEOPLE that the couple could not wait to bring the baby home soon, saying, "Lisa and Jett are resting comfortably. The proud parents are enjoying the first day of parenthood and are looking forward to bringing their daughter home."
Lisa once suffered a devastating miscarriage in 2010. "I felt more like a failure than I'd felt in a very long time," Lisa spoke out about her miscarriage on "The View". "When I heard the doctor say there was no heartbeat it was like bam, like a knife through the heart."
Fortunately, the special correspondent for CNN made it through her latest pregnancy complication-free. Lisa told Kit Hoover and Billy Bush during a late-October appearance on "Access Hollywood Live" that her pregnancy was "completely normal" that it made her feel "very, very lucky."
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role