Liam Hemsworth Returns to Australia to 'Have a Break' From Miley Cyrus
Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus are indeed having a break, a source claims. The Aussie actor reportedly is back home Down Under, while his singer/actress fiancee is in the United States out and about still without her engagement ring.
Miley was first spotted ditching the ring when leaving a recording studio in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 6. She was once again seen leaving the diamond ring at home when going out with her male friend Paul Khoury who was initially reported as "mystery man" by many media outlets.
"Miley is still upset with Liam," the source tells PEOPLE, without specifying the reason why she's so angry at her fiance. "She took the ring off to make him mad." Though so, "It doesn't mean that they have split. Miley says they are still together."
"Miley is crazy about Liam, but sometimes doesn't treat him great," the source adds, hinting at what could possibly draw them apart. "She likes things her way and tends to play games. Liam is also a strong person and that's why they often butt heads."
The problem between the couple became apparent when they partied separately during the Oscar weekend. They were rumored breaking up after he was spotted overly friendly with actress January Jones at an Oscar after-party and leaving the bash in the same car.
"January was clinging to Liam," a guest at the private party claimed to Life & Style. "He kept saying, 'We can't do this here.' Then they left holding hands and went out in the hallway and were making out. She was wasted. It wasn't good."
While "The Hunger Games" actor and the "Unknown (2011)" actress remained mum about their hookup report, a different source insisted they're just friends. "[They] used to go clubbing together in L.A. They have been friends for a while," said the insider.
Miley herself took to Twitter to deny mounting rumor that she called off her wedding, "I am so sick of La. And sick of the lies that come with it. I didn't call off my wedding," announcing her break from Twitter, "Taking a break from social media. #draining."
More Liam Hemsworth News
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date