Video Premiere: Mariah Carey's 'Almost Home' From 'Oz'
Pop/R'n'B diva Mariah Carey drops the music video to her latest track "Almost Home", a song featured in film "Oz: The Great and Powerful" which hits U.S. theatres March 8. Recorded by the 42-year-old entertainer for the new Sam Raimi film, the song co-written by Carey herself is a "feel-good record" made just for the new fantasy adventure flick that matches its classic theme of good versus evil.
"My 'Almost Home' music video, directed by @LaChapelleland will premiere on VEVO in 30 minutes! #AlmostHome," Carey tweeted earlier in the day to announce the release of the new clip. The "American Idol" judge proudly gave a shout-out to director David LaChapelle whom she had already worked with on "Loverboy" and who conceptualized a simple yet elegant set-up for the Stargate-produced tune.
Like any track featured in a movie, the video is interspersed with footage from the film. However, the movie is not the only one standing out in the almost four-minute clip as Carey, in a black couture gown, looks as fabulous as usual, throwing her powerful vocals and runts as her long, luscious locks are blown by wind machines.
"I've always just loved Disney, and now especially having two little babies - like all we do is watch animated movies, even though they're so little, they still love them, especially Roc, my little boy," Carey said, revealing how her twins Moroccan and Monroe had inspired her to write the song. Aside from "Almost Home", her two-year-old babies have apparently also influenced her forthcoming album set for a May release.
More Mariah Carey News
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs