Video Premiere: Mariah Carey's 'Almost Home' From 'Oz'
Pop/R'n'B diva Mariah Carey drops the music video to her latest track "Almost Home", a song featured in film "Oz: The Great and Powerful" which hits U.S. theatres March 8. Recorded by the 42-year-old entertainer for the new Sam Raimi film, the song co-written by Carey herself is a "feel-good record" made just for the new fantasy adventure flick that matches its classic theme of good versus evil.
"My 'Almost Home' music video, directed by @LaChapelleland will premiere on VEVO in 30 minutes! #AlmostHome," Carey tweeted earlier in the day to announce the release of the new clip. The "American Idol" judge proudly gave a shout-out to director David LaChapelle whom she had already worked with on "Loverboy" and who conceptualized a simple yet elegant set-up for the Stargate-produced tune.
Like any track featured in a movie, the video is interspersed with footage from the film. However, the movie is not the only one standing out in the almost four-minute clip as Carey, in a black couture gown, looks as fabulous as usual, throwing her powerful vocals and runts as her long, luscious locks are blown by wind machines.
"I've always just loved Disney, and now especially having two little babies - like all we do is watch animated movies, even though they're so little, they still love them, especially Roc, my little boy," Carey said, revealing how her twins Moroccan and Monroe had inspired her to write the song. Aside from "Almost Home", her two-year-old babies have apparently also influenced her forthcoming album set for a May release.
Mariah Carey's "Almost Home" music video
More Mariah Carey News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie