Emma Watson Breaks Bad in 'The Bling Ring' First Teaser Trailer
Best known for her role as bookworm Hermione Granger in "Harry Potter" films, Emma Watson turns 180 degrees in her new movie "The Bling Ring". In the first teaser trailer for the film, she channels her bad girl side, dancing seductively and stealing from rich people.
The drama film revolves around a group of teenagers obsessed with fashion and fame who burglarized the homes of celebrities in Los Angeles. Tracking their targets' whereabouts online, the teens would break-in and steal designer clothes and possessions.
Reflecting on the naivete of youth, amplified by today's culture of celebrity and luxury brand obsession, the members of the Bling Ring introduce us to temptations that nearly any teenager would find hard to resist. What starts out as youthful fun spins out of control and reveals a sobering view of our modern culture.
Sofia Coppola writes and directs "The Bling Ring", which is inspired by true events in which a gang of teenagers raided the houses of such stars as Paris Hilton, Rachel Bilson, Megan Fox and Lindsay Lohan between October 2008 and August 2009.
The movie is set for limited release on June 14 Stateside. Taissa Farmiga, Israel Broussard, Katie Chang, Claire Julien and Leslie Mann portray other members of the group.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!