Joss Whedon's 'Much Ado About Nothing' Debuts First Trailer
The first trailer for "Much Ado About Nothing" based on Shakespeare's play has landed online via Yahoo! Movies, giving a look at the intense yet soapy and sometimes funny drama. Teasing the story of obsession, friendship, hatred, love, loyalty, power, deceit and truth, the video is set to St. Germain's "Rose Rouge".
The black-and-white film gives a contemporary take on the classic comedy. It centers on sparring lovers Beatrice (Amy Acker) and Benedick (Alexis Denisof), offering a dark, sexy and occasionally absurd view of the intricate game that is love.
The movie was shot in just 12 days and using the original text with Joss Whedon serving behind the lens. Reed Diamond, Ashley Johnson, Nathan Fillion, Sean Maher, Nick Kocher, Clark Gregg and Tom Lenk also join the cast ensemble of the film, which is set for a June 7 release in limited U.S. theaters.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur