John Mayer Premieres New Music Video 'Something Like Olivia'
American pop and blues rock musician John Mayer has just premiered the new music video to his latest single "Something Like Olivia". The track, written and produced by Mayer himself, is the third single off his fifth studio album "Born and Raised", released after "Shadow Days" and "Queen of California".
The video is the winning entry in a video-making contest initiated by Mayer for the purpose of having a visuals for the new song. Created and submitted by Mayer's fans Xavier Collos and Arthur Caron, the video bested other "beautifully crafted" entries with its "imaginative take" on Mayer's composition.
The almost three-minute clip shows a luthier, a guitar craftsman who fashions out a new creation, as Mayer's smooth vocals rings in the background in this mid-tempo ballad. It would be hard to imagine Mayer not falling in love and choosing this video over the others as he is a known guitar enthusiast and having built a successful musical career mainly out of his guitar-playing skills.
Mayer broke ground in 2002 with his track "No Such Thing" and the highly-popular "Your Body Is a Wonderland", both from his "Room for Squares" debut album. His biggest hit to-date is the social commentary "Waiting on the World to Change" from the album "Continuum". His fifth and latest album "Born and Raised" debuted at No.1 on the Billboard 200 charts upon its release last May.
John Mayer's "Something Like Olivia" Music Video
More John Mayer News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child