John Mayer Premieres New Music Video 'Something Like Olivia'
American pop and blues rock musician John Mayer has just premiered the new music video to his latest single "Something Like Olivia". The track, written and produced by Mayer himself, is the third single off his fifth studio album "Born and Raised", released after "Shadow Days" and "Queen of California".
The video is the winning entry in a video-making contest initiated by Mayer for the purpose of having a visuals for the new song. Created and submitted by Mayer's fans Xavier Collos and Arthur Caron, the video bested other "beautifully crafted" entries with its "imaginative take" on Mayer's composition.
The almost three-minute clip shows a luthier, a guitar craftsman who fashions out a new creation, as Mayer's smooth vocals rings in the background in this mid-tempo ballad. It would be hard to imagine Mayer not falling in love and choosing this video over the others as he is a known guitar enthusiast and having built a successful musical career mainly out of his guitar-playing skills.
Mayer broke ground in 2002 with his track "No Such Thing" and the highly-popular "Your Body Is a Wonderland", both from his "Room for Squares" debut album. His biggest hit to-date is the social commentary "Waiting on the World to Change" from the album "Continuum". His fifth and latest album "Born and Raised" debuted at No.1 on the Billboard 200 charts upon its release last May.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win