Eddie Murphy and Judge Reinhold to Reunite in 'Beverly Hills Cop' Pilot
Eddie Murphy, 51, and Judge Reinhold, 55, are set to reunite in the pilot for the possible CBS series "Beverly Hills Cop". Judge will reprise his role as Billy Rosewood, who has scored a big promotion from his old job.
Meanwhile, Eddie, who also serves as the executive producer, will be back as Axel Foley who is now reportedly the new chief of police. Unlike Judge who is tapped for a cameo appearance, Eddie is expected to make occasional appearances should the pilot get picked up to series.
Judge is the latest to join the pilot cast which also includes "A Few Good Men" actor Kevin Pollak, "The Office" star David Denman, and "Chicago Hope" actress Christine Lahti.
The "Beverly Hills Cop" is a one-hour drama from "Last Resort" and "The Shield" writer Shawn Ryan. The story centers on Aaron Foley, played by Brandon T. Jackson, who deals with rich and famous criminals in Beverly Hills while attempting to escape the shadow of his infamous dad Axel Foley.
Sony Television is producing the pilot, and "Men in Black" films director Barry Sonnenfeld is chosen to direct it. CBS is expected to announce in May whether or not it orders the pilot to series.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'