Eddie Murphy and Judge Reinhold to Reunite in 'Beverly Hills Cop' Pilot
Eddie Murphy, 51, and Judge Reinhold, 55, are set to reunite in the pilot for the possible CBS series "Beverly Hills Cop". Judge will reprise his role as Billy Rosewood, who has scored a big promotion from his old job.
Meanwhile, Eddie, who also serves as the executive producer, will be back as Axel Foley who is now reportedly the new chief of police. Unlike Judge who is tapped for a cameo appearance, Eddie is expected to make occasional appearances should the pilot get picked up to series.
Judge is the latest to join the pilot cast which also includes "A Few Good Men" actor Kevin Pollak, "The Office" star David Denman, and "Chicago Hope" actress Christine Lahti.
The "Beverly Hills Cop" is a one-hour drama from "Last Resort" and "The Shield" writer Shawn Ryan. The story centers on Aaron Foley, played by Brandon T. Jackson, who deals with rich and famous criminals in Beverly Hills while attempting to escape the shadow of his infamous dad Axel Foley.
Sony Television is producing the pilot, and "Men in Black" films director Barry Sonnenfeld is chosen to direct it. CBS is expected to announce in May whether or not it orders the pilot to series.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her