James Franco Gets His Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
James Franco, who has been in the entertainment industry for 14 years, has been awarded the 2,492nd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The ceremony was held on Thursday, March 7. James' younger brother Dave and their mother Betsy attended the ceremony to show their support. The director of "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and "Spider-Man" trilogy, Sam Raimi, as well as Seth Rogen, James' co-star in "Freaks and Geeks", were among the attendees as well.
In his speech, Sam took note of James' wide interest in arts and other subjects. The director jokingly said, "Working with James over the years, I've learned many things about him. James is a teacher, a poet, a sculptor, an actor, a director, a writer, a producer, a basket weaver - the thing goes on and on for days! Seems like we're always discovering James' next endeavor."
"Today we join the rest of the world to honor you in your achievements with a much-deserved star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame, a star made from marble - which you yourself have hewn from a mountain, from brass that you have smelted!" he added.
Seth praised his buddy, saying, "I've known Franco since he was 16-years-old and it's nice to see that he's done so well. He's really a great actor."
James thanked his family, co-stars and others while holding back tears of happiness on the podium, "I wish that I could put a bunch of names on this star because this is a collaborative business. The people behind the scenes, the people who have been there for me, all the way through, if I could, I'd put all your names on there. Thank you, and I'll always remember this."
James will make his debut on Broadway soon. He announced recently that he was "going to do 'Of Mice and Men' on Broadway." He added, "I'm going to play George." James' character, George Milton, is a field worker who searches for his mentally disabled best friend around California.
In the meantime, fans can enjoy Franco's performance on the big screen through "Oz: The Great and Powerful" which hits U.S. theaters on March 8.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest