First Bottles of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Wine Sell Out Within Hours
The first 6,000 bottles of Miraval rose wine launched by powerhouse Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have gone on sale and sold out within hours. "Selling started at 9:00 A.M. (08:00 GMT) and everything was sold by 2:00 P.M.," Vitabella, a rep for the vineyard, says.
Another 100,000 bottles have been sold to wine merchants and restaurants, according to report. Orders for the 2012 vintage which is bottled from Jolie-Pitt's French vineyard and priced at a relatively reasonable $138 per case of six bottles have now been closed.
The couple teams up with the Perrin family who is well-respected in winemaking circles. Their 2012 vintage pink rose was named Miraval after the stars' 1,200-acre Chateau which has a valley with ideal grape-growing conditions. The Jolie-Pitt family usually uses the house as a summer residence.
Marc Perrin said in a statement when announcing their partnership in February that the celebrity couple didn't just put their names on the label. "They are very demanding in seeking excellence in the quality and character of their wine," the winemaker said.
More Angelina Jolie News
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online