First Bottles of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Wine Sell Out Within Hours
The first 6,000 bottles of Miraval rose wine launched by powerhouse Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have gone on sale and sold out within hours. "Selling started at 9:00 A.M. (08:00 GMT) and everything was sold by 2:00 P.M.," Vitabella, a rep for the vineyard, says.
Another 100,000 bottles have been sold to wine merchants and restaurants, according to report. Orders for the 2012 vintage which is bottled from Jolie-Pitt's French vineyard and priced at a relatively reasonable $138 per case of six bottles have now been closed.
The couple teams up with the Perrin family who is well-respected in winemaking circles. Their 2012 vintage pink rose was named Miraval after the stars' 1,200-acre Chateau which has a valley with ideal grape-growing conditions. The Jolie-Pitt family usually uses the house as a summer residence.
Marc Perrin said in a statement when announcing their partnership in February that the celebrity couple didn't just put their names on the label. "They are very demanding in seeking excellence in the quality and character of their wine," the winemaker said.
More Angelina Jolie News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell