First Bottles of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Wine Sell Out Within Hours
The first 6,000 bottles of Miraval rose wine launched by powerhouse Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have gone on sale and sold out within hours. "Selling started at 9:00 A.M. (08:00 GMT) and everything was sold by 2:00 P.M.," Vitabella, a rep for the vineyard, says.
Another 100,000 bottles have been sold to wine merchants and restaurants, according to report. Orders for the 2012 vintage which is bottled from Jolie-Pitt's French vineyard and priced at a relatively reasonable $138 per case of six bottles have now been closed.
The couple teams up with the Perrin family who is well-respected in winemaking circles. Their 2012 vintage pink rose was named Miraval after the stars' 1,200-acre Chateau which has a valley with ideal grape-growing conditions. The Jolie-Pitt family usually uses the house as a summer residence.
Marc Perrin said in a statement when announcing their partnership in February that the celebrity couple didn't just put their names on the label. "They are very demanding in seeking excellence in the quality and character of their wine," the winemaker said.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Looking to Buy a Place' in America
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
- Will Kourtney Kardashian's New Boy Toy Younes Bendjima Replace Scott Disick on 'KUWTK'?
- Listen to Sia's Powerful Anthem 'To Be Human' From 'Wonder Woman' Soundtrack
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Vampire Nicki Minaj Sexily Licks Bella Hadid's Neck at AmfAR Gala in Cannes