First Bottles of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Wine Sell Out Within Hours
The first 6,000 bottles of Miraval rose wine launched by powerhouse Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have gone on sale and sold out within hours. "Selling started at 9:00 A.M. (08:00 GMT) and everything was sold by 2:00 P.M.," Vitabella, a rep for the vineyard, says.
Another 100,000 bottles have been sold to wine merchants and restaurants, according to report. Orders for the 2012 vintage which is bottled from Jolie-Pitt's French vineyard and priced at a relatively reasonable $138 per case of six bottles have now been closed.
The couple teams up with the Perrin family who is well-respected in winemaking circles. Their 2012 vintage pink rose was named Miraval after the stars' 1,200-acre Chateau which has a valley with ideal grape-growing conditions. The Jolie-Pitt family usually uses the house as a summer residence.
Marc Perrin said in a statement when announcing their partnership in February that the celebrity couple didn't just put their names on the label. "They are very demanding in seeking excellence in the quality and character of their wine," the winemaker said.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels