Drake Releases New Song '5AM in Toronto'
Canadian rapper Drake took to Twitter on Thursday, March 7, past midnight to share his latest single "5AM in Toronto", posting it to his SoundCloud account. It is the second single released online by the 26-year-old recording artist this year, after "Started from the Bottom" released in February, although it is still undetermined whether it will be included in Drake's forthcoming third album entitled "Nothing Was the Same".
In the Boi-1da and Vinylz-produced sequel to "9AM in Dallas", the Young Money Entertainment artist addressed his bashers, "You underestimated great/ Most number ones ever, how long did it really take me/ The part I love most is they need me more than they hate me/So they never take shots, I got everybody on safety."
The Juno Award winner continues on to rap about his newfound fame and fortune, wittingly giving a shout out to iconic legend Frank Sinatra in the process, reminiscent of Jay-Z's rhymes in Alicia Keys' "Empire State of Mind", "Ni**as make threats, can't hear 'em over the laughter/ Yeah, that's cause I'm headed to the bank, ni**a/ Sinatra lifestyle, I'm just being Frank with you."
The only Canadian recording artist to receive a Grammy Award this year for Best Rap Album for his 2011 release "Take Care", Drake gives himself a pat on the back with this new song. "Give these ni**as the look, the verse, and even the hook/ That's why every song sound like Drake featuring Drake," he proclaims. "A lot of ni**as PR stuntin' like that's the movement/ And I'm the only ni**a still known for the music."
More Drake News
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie