'American Idol' Top 10 Sing Victory Songs
"American Idol" unveiled its Top 10 finalists on Thursday, March 7. Each of the contestants who made it to the final round would take the brand-new "Idol" stage to perform a "victory song." Ryan Seacrest informed viewers that almost 39 million votes were in, about 10 million more than the same point last year. "The results are going to be a surprise for everyone - except me," he teased.
First to learn their fate were the boys. Paul Jolley made it to the Top 10 and he sang Heart's "Alone". Burnell Taylor followed Paul, covering "Ready for Love" by India.Arie for his victory song. The other guys in the final are Curtis Finch, Jr. who sang "So High" by John Legend, Devin Velez who performed Israel Houghton's "The Power of One", and Lazaro Arbos who belted out Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water".
Janelle Arthur was the first girl who made it to the Top 10. She chose Dierks Bentley's "Home" as her victory song. Candice Glover also went through, singing "I'm Going Down" by Rose Royce. Angela Miller also secured a spot in the finals. Her performance of Beyonce Knowles' "I Was Here" made Keith Urban "virtually crying down here" that night.
Amber Holcomb and Kree Harrison nabbed the last two spots in the Top 10, singing Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" and Susan Tedeschi's "Evidence" respectively.
This meant Charlie Askew, Nick Boddington, Elijah Liu, Vincent Powell, Cortez Shaw, Zoanette Johnson, Breanna Steer, Adriana Latonio, Tenna Torres and Aubrey Cleland were sent home. However, Ryan Seacrest revealed that one guy and one girl with the highest votes among the eliminated contestants would compete for a spot in the "Idol" summer tour.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance