May 28, 2016  

George Lucas Has Signed Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher for 'Star Wars Episode 7'

March 8, 2013 (3:18 am) GMT
The 'Star Wars' creator lets it slip that he has signed the original Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker depicters for the upcoming project, admitting that he's 'not supposed to say that.'

Amidst a lot of chatters about whether or not , and will return to the franchise in a new project to be directed by J. J. Abrams, creator George Lucas accidentally reveals that those three original "Star Wars" actors have been signed on for upcoming "Star Wars Episode 7". They are expected to reprise their roles as Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker respectively.

"We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison - or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, 'Look, this is what's going on,' " he tells Bloomberg Businessweek, before quickly adding, "Maybe I'm not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them. I won't say whether the negotiations were successful or not."

Ford, who was recently seen filming his next movie "" with funnyman , has been widely rumored to be back on the movie franchise, but he has been playing coy when it comes to confirming his involvement. "Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he's upbeat about it, all three of them are," a source close to the actor once told Entertainment Weekly.

Fisher, meanwhile, had previously blatantly said she would join the "Star Wars" crew for the future project, but her representative quickly sent a denial to retract her statement. "She was joking. Nothing has been announced," so her team insisted.

As for Hamill, the actor recently told Entertainment Tonight that he had indeed been approached by Lucas but insisted he hadn't signed any contract. "They're talking to us," he said. "We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed -- on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am."

"I said to George that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous - in my opinion, anyway. And another thing I'd want to make sure of is are we going to have the whole gang back? Is Carrie and Harrison and Billy Dee and Tony Daniels, everybody that's around from the original [returning]? I want to make sure that everybody's on board here, rather than just one."

He added, "George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts - they would write us out."

More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
  2. Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
  3. 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
  4. PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
  5. Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
  6. Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
  7. Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
  8. Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo