Carrie Fisher Was Joking About Returning to 'Star Wars Episode 7'
A day after Carrie Fisher said she would reprise her role as Princess Leia in Disney's "Star Wars Episode 7", her representative denies her involvement in the upcoming movie. The rep for the 56-year-old actress tells CNN, "She was joking. Nothing has been announced."
Previously in an interview with Palm Beach Illustrated, the actress was asked whether or not she would return as the sister of Luke Skywalker (played by Mark Hamill) in the new "Star Wars" film to be directed by J.J. Abrams. She answered the question with a simple "yes".
Fisher also joked about the character. When she was asked what she thought Princess Leia would be like today, she responded, "I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle."
While the star hasn't decided on returning to the film, Michael Arndt, who won an Academy Award for writing "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Toy Story 3", is already on board to pen the script of the film which is expected to be released in 2015.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation