Carrie Fisher Was Joking About Returning to 'Star Wars Episode 7'
A day after Carrie Fisher said she would reprise her role as Princess Leia in Disney's "Star Wars Episode 7", her representative denies her involvement in the upcoming movie. The rep for the 56-year-old actress tells CNN, "She was joking. Nothing has been announced."
Previously in an interview with Palm Beach Illustrated, the actress was asked whether or not she would return as the sister of Luke Skywalker (played by Mark Hamill) in the new "Star Wars" film to be directed by J.J. Abrams. She answered the question with a simple "yes".
Fisher also joked about the character. When she was asked what she thought Princess Leia would be like today, she responded, "I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle."
While the star hasn't decided on returning to the film, Michael Arndt, who won an Academy Award for writing "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Toy Story 3", is already on board to pen the script of the film which is expected to be released in 2015.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'