Carrie Fisher Was Joking About Returning to 'Star Wars Episode 7'
A day after Carrie Fisher said she would reprise her role as Princess Leia in Disney's "Star Wars Episode 7", her representative denies her involvement in the upcoming movie. The rep for the 56-year-old actress tells CNN, "She was joking. Nothing has been announced."
Previously in an interview with Palm Beach Illustrated, the actress was asked whether or not she would return as the sister of Luke Skywalker (played by Mark Hamill) in the new "Star Wars" film to be directed by J.J. Abrams. She answered the question with a simple "yes".
Fisher also joked about the character. When she was asked what she thought Princess Leia would be like today, she responded, "I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle."
While the star hasn't decided on returning to the film, Michael Arndt, who won an Academy Award for writing "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Toy Story 3", is already on board to pen the script of the film which is expected to be released in 2015.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'