Carrie Fisher Was Joking About Returning to 'Star Wars Episode 7'
A day after Carrie Fisher said she would reprise her role as Princess Leia in Disney's "Star Wars Episode 7", her representative denies her involvement in the upcoming movie. The rep for the 56-year-old actress tells CNN, "She was joking. Nothing has been announced."
Previously in an interview with Palm Beach Illustrated, the actress was asked whether or not she would return as the sister of Luke Skywalker (played by Mark Hamill) in the new "Star Wars" film to be directed by J.J. Abrams. She answered the question with a simple "yes".
Fisher also joked about the character. When she was asked what she thought Princess Leia would be like today, she responded, "I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle."
While the star hasn't decided on returning to the film, Michael Arndt, who won an Academy Award for writing "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Toy Story 3", is already on board to pen the script of the film which is expected to be released in 2015.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!