'Poltergeist' Remake to Be Helmed by Gil Kenan
The "Poltergeist" remake that has been in development for several years has finally found its director. Deadline broke the news that MGM had chosen Gil Kenan, who is best known for helming "Monster House" and "City Of Ember", to direct the remake of the 1982 movie.
Back in 2012, MGM announced Sam Raimi as the producer, instead of director. Apparently, David Lindsay-Abaire is still attached to rewrite the screenplay which was originally co-written by Juliet Snowden and Stiles White.
At this point, no one knows what the studio is planning for the film, but Lindsay-Abaire is indeed writing the story that "focuses on a family whose house was built on a holy site and whose daughter is taken by ghosts."
"I will say that I handed in a second draft and people are incredibly excited about it... I will also say that there are very few people who are as obsessed with the original movie as I am, so I would try to write a script that I would want to see as a fan. I will say that," Lindsay-Abaire said last year.
The original "Poltergeist", which starred Craig T. Nelson, JoBeth Williams and Dominique Dunne, centered on a family haunted by an evil presence. The horror-thriller, directed by Tobe Hooper, spawned the sequels "Poltergeist II: The Other Side" in 1986 and "Poltergeist III" in 1988.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny