Lady Antebellum Premieres 'Downtown' Music Video
Country pop music group Lady Antebellum has finally unveiled the music video to their hit song "Downtown" a couple of months after the single was first released. Written by Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood themselves, the track is the trio's first official single from their forthcoming studio album entitled "Golden".
The almost six-minute clip shows Scott contacting "2 Broke Girls" star Beth Behrs after being blown off by Kelley and Haywood for a night out. Scott puts on some black leather and makeup as she and Behrs wreak havoc on the streets of L.A.. Meanwhile, Kelley and Haywood play two donut-chomping police officers who eventually end up arresting the two menacing ladies.
The up-tempo pop-country tune finds Scott singing about a relationship that has seen better days with lyrics recalling the happier times, "We used to smoke while we were jaywalking like it was your birthday every other Saturday night," and carefree, childlike antics, "Wrote our names on the bathroom tiles." The hook sums up the song's reminiscent theme, "Did you forget about how we went around/ I don't know why you don't take me downtown anymore."
"Golden" is the group's fourth studio recording and follow-up to their third album "Own the Night", released in 2011. In between those two albums, the trio also came out with their first Christmas album "On This Winter's Night" which they released before the holidays in October 2012.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!