Miley Cyrus Announces Twitter Break After Wedding Cancellation Rumor
Miley Cyrus told her 11 million followers on Wednesday, March 6, that she wanted to take a break from Twitter. The singer-songwriter might need to chill out after being hit with rumors of her splitting up with fiance Liam Hemsworth and wedding cancellation. "I am so sick of LA. And sick of the lies that come with it. I didn't call off my wedding. Taking a break from social media. #draining," Miley wrote on her Twitter account.
Miley and her fiance were rumored calling off their engagement because of some issues, including Liam's alleged affair with January Jones. Sources claimed that the Gale Hawthorne of "The Hunger Games" actor kissed the "Mad Men" actress in front of people at a party in Chateau Marmont hotel in February. "It looked like they had some hot chemistry. They were all over each other - and they even kissed," said some eyewitnesses.
Miley's heavy workload in studio and Liam's inability to take a break from filming were also said to contribute to their uneasy conditions. "Liam and Miley are done. Miley put her career on hold to spend all her time with Liam," a source told Us Magazine in its March edition. "Now that she is back recording her fourth album, he's not happy. She says she's already over it... Work has put a stress on their relationship."
Miley began dating Liam, whom she met on the set of movie "The Last Song" in 2009, after splitting from model Justin Gaston. Miley and Liam confirmed their split in August 2010, but they were seen being together a month later.
After another split in November 2010, the couple was back together again. Liam proposed to her on May 31, 2012, but Miley only announced the news on June 6. Miley sparked a rumor that she had secretly married the actor after telling Cosmopolitan, "That's my hubby! I'm so happy I'm married."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics