Kanye West Slams MTV for Low Hottest MC Ranking
Just a week after ranting about the Grammys and Justin Timberlake's "Suit & Tie", and more recently screaming and throwing a microphone during his London concert, outspoken rapper Kanye West is at it again. The G.O.O.D Music label mogul, in an interview with DJ Enuff on "The Angie Martinez Show" on radio station Hot 97, openly addressed his low no. 7 ranking in MTV's "Hottest MCs VIII" list.
The 35-year-old father-to-be believed his relationship with reality star Kim Kardashian and his kilt-wearing fashion sense had somehow influenced the panel who put him in the lower end of the top ten this year. Yeezy had always placed in the top 5 in previous years.
"They don't like Givenchy-Kanye," the known fashion designer and entrepreneur said. "They don't like Kanye in a kilt. They don't like Kanye in a relationship." West argued that he had a solid year that warranted recognition and believed his ranking would have been much higher if the judging were based solely on the music.
Although West cried foul over his drop in the rappers list, coming after Canadian rapper Drake and Big Sean, he gave props to those whom he believed were hands down in the top five, the identities of which will be revealed by MTV on Thursday, March 7. "I think [Lil]Wayne is #1 rapper in the world," Yeezy said, before adding, "Yeah, I just think him and [Jay-Z] and [Eminem] and certain people are just the greatest rappers of all time."
Kanye West rants about low no. 7 ranking in MTV's Hottest MCs list:
More Kanye West News
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj