A Man Charged in French Montana Tour Bus Shooting
Police arrested a suspect in the fatal shooting last Thursday outside French Montana's tour bus. One man was killed and another was injured during the incident taking place outside a Holiday Inn Express at the Columbus Boulevard near the Ben Franklin Bridge.
20-year-old Frank Briggs of the 300 block of East Shedaker Street in East Germantown was taken into custody Tuesday, March 5. He was charged with murder, attempted murder, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person and other related counts.
Montana just left the Theatre of Living Arts after a sold-out concert when a man believed to be Briggs opened fire into the crowd gathering around the rapper's vehicle before a planned after-party. 26-year-old Jowann King, of Flushing, New York, was killed. A 28-year-old man was also shot but he survived.
Two people in the crowd shot back, but they will not be charged. Officials say they have permits to carry concealed weapons.
Montana said in an interview after the incident that he was not the target of the shooting. "I feel bad about what happened but nobody was shooting at me ... I don't know, it was just fans ... Something happened outside my bus, but it didn't have nothing to do with me," he said.
More French Montana News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'