The Who's Pete Townshend Regrets Swearing at 7-Year-Old Girl During Concert
Pete Townshend has written an apology letter to Eric Michael Costello, 50, and his daughter, Janey, after telling her to "f**k off" during The Who's concert on February 19 in Hamilton, Ontario. Learning from Eric's explanation in the Toronto Sun that the little girl is actually a huge fan of the band, Pete felt bad about his misbehavior and decided to reconcile with the family with the help of a local radio DJ and his close friend in Hamilton, Mike Tyler.
In the personal letter, Pete wrote, "Apologies and condolences from my side, and very best wishes to you and your family." He also asked if they could "meet and be friends and put this behind us."
Pete also let them know his sincere effort to make a contact with them as he wrote, "I asked my friend Mike Tyler to find you so I could tell you that I am so sorry the story about us blew up the way it did, but also to tell you that I sympathise with you both, and your daughter's mother, and that I am most certainly not angry. I was not angry on stage either. I was in rock star mode, the big mouth."
According to the Toronto Sun, during the swearing incident that took place last month, Janey sat on her father's shoulders waving a placard that said "Smash Your Guitar, Pete!" However, the songwriter who is also known as Bijou Drains angrily responded, "Go away with that sign please, just go away with it. Don't bring your children, use them. I want to tell you two words but I can't because you've got a child there," and mouthed, "F**k off."
Pete has reportedly made arrangements to meet the dad and daughter privately in April. Because of this incident, the writer of "Who Are You" promised one thing, "I will not swear."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show