The Who's Pete Townshend Regrets Swearing at 7-Year-Old Girl During Concert
Pete Townshend has written an apology letter to Eric Michael Costello, 50, and his daughter, Janey, after telling her to "f**k off" during The Who's concert on February 19 in Hamilton, Ontario. Learning from Eric's explanation in the Toronto Sun that the little girl is actually a huge fan of the band, Pete felt bad about his misbehavior and decided to reconcile with the family with the help of a local radio DJ and his close friend in Hamilton, Mike Tyler.
In the personal letter, Pete wrote, "Apologies and condolences from my side, and very best wishes to you and your family." He also asked if they could "meet and be friends and put this behind us."
Pete also let them know his sincere effort to make a contact with them as he wrote, "I asked my friend Mike Tyler to find you so I could tell you that I am so sorry the story about us blew up the way it did, but also to tell you that I sympathise with you both, and your daughter's mother, and that I am most certainly not angry. I was not angry on stage either. I was in rock star mode, the big mouth."
According to the Toronto Sun, during the swearing incident that took place last month, Janey sat on her father's shoulders waving a placard that said "Smash Your Guitar, Pete!" However, the songwriter who is also known as Bijou Drains angrily responded, "Go away with that sign please, just go away with it. Don't bring your children, use them. I want to tell you two words but I can't because you've got a child there," and mouthed, "F**k off."
Pete has reportedly made arrangements to meet the dad and daughter privately in April. Because of this incident, the writer of "Who Are You" promised one thing, "I will not swear."
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes