The Who's Pete Townshend Regrets Swearing at 7-Year-Old Girl During Concert
Pete Townshend has written an apology letter to Eric Michael Costello, 50, and his daughter, Janey, after telling her to "f**k off" during The Who's concert on February 19 in Hamilton, Ontario. Learning from Eric's explanation in the Toronto Sun that the little girl is actually a huge fan of the band, Pete felt bad about his misbehavior and decided to reconcile with the family with the help of a local radio DJ and his close friend in Hamilton, Mike Tyler.
In the personal letter, Pete wrote, "Apologies and condolences from my side, and very best wishes to you and your family." He also asked if they could "meet and be friends and put this behind us."
Pete also let them know his sincere effort to make a contact with them as he wrote, "I asked my friend Mike Tyler to find you so I could tell you that I am so sorry the story about us blew up the way it did, but also to tell you that I sympathise with you both, and your daughter's mother, and that I am most certainly not angry. I was not angry on stage either. I was in rock star mode, the big mouth."
According to the Toronto Sun, during the swearing incident that took place last month, Janey sat on her father's shoulders waving a placard that said "Smash Your Guitar, Pete!" However, the songwriter who is also known as Bijou Drains angrily responded, "Go away with that sign please, just go away with it. Don't bring your children, use them. I want to tell you two words but I can't because you've got a child there," and mouthed, "F**k off."
Pete has reportedly made arrangements to meet the dad and daughter privately in April. Because of this incident, the writer of "Who Are You" promised one thing, "I will not swear."
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?